Registration is currently closed.
Please contact the Join Us Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
The “NSO Fall 2018” Facebook Group is an essential tool for connecting with other New Staff members (e.g. sharing rides to/from the airport, etc.). It will also be the main way the NSO conference team shares announcements.
This Facebook Group is a “Secret Group” to maximize privacy, so you must be invited to join. Please write to email@example.com from the e-mail address associated with your Facebook Account. (Please use your cru.org address for all ministry correspondence; however, in this case, we need to invite you within the Facebook platform.)
For details about the dates and activities during NSO, see the Basic Schedule page.
If attending the Transitions Conference, be sure to read the Transitions Conference details and register accordingly.
Go to the Finances page for estimated costs and charges for the various components of NSO.
Employment and Payroll Documents
You will be receiving an email from someone on our Personnel Records Team. They will give you information on anything you might need to bring related to your hiring as an employee of Cru or for your transition from your current status with Cru to supported, full-time staff.
If both husband and wife are joining staff with Cru, it is important and strategic for both to attend and participate in all the sessions. There are no exceptions to this. The orientation is designed to make it easier to arrange schedules to attend New Staff Orientation.
Be aware that after the MPD training starts Tuesday, it will be an intense week with a lot of information to cover, creating long days with very few breaks and very little free time.
Arrival and Departure
All travel arrangements should follow the scheduled times and dates posted on this website. If you find you have issues with the conference dates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Various sessions of NSO require various types of clothing:
- Commissioning Ceremony and Banquet: You are encouraged to bring one set of dressy/nice attire for the commissioning and banquet.
- Men: Coat and/or tie are NOT required, but please wear a collared shirt and nice pants.
Women: Please wear nice slacks, skirt, or a dress.
- Business casual: For our visit at the Cru Worldwide Headquarters. Business casual includes: khakis/dress slacks and collared shirts for men, and slacks or modest skirts and dresses for women. Shorts, jeans and printed t-shirts are inappropriate.
- Classroom casual: Jeans, shorts and t-shirts are fine during all other sessions.
Other Items to Bring
Please bring along other items such as:
- laptop computer (if you have one)
- money for food and tips (for housekeeping and restaurants)
- paper and pen
- umbrella and/or rain gear
- sweater or jacket for meeting rooms (as the meeting rooms tend to be cold)
- extra luggage space for MPD materials (you will receive onsite)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com …