New Staff Training is held at Rollins College, 1000 Holt Avenue, Winter Park, FL (just north of Orlando). A map of Rollins can be found at the Rollins Campus Map.
All singles and married couples with no children are required to stay in Ward Hall dorm at Rollins. Married couples with children will be assigned to an apartment at Sutton Place Apartments on the Rollins campus. One and two bedroom apartments are available.
- Are shared by two people.
- Have two extra-long twin beds.
- Bed linens, pillows and towels are not provided. You can bring your own or you can order them for approximately $60 per person when you register online for NST.
- Share a same-gender community bathroom, which is down the hall.
- Are air conditioned.
- Have community living areas and one small shared kitchen.
- Laundry facilities are available onsite, and are included in the cost of housing.
- Married couples can bring king-size sheets and push together the twin beds.
- You are allowed to bring small appliances (coffeemaker, dorm sized fridge, etc.).
- Are only for families with children.
- One bedroom/one bath apartments are approx. $76 per family per night.
- Two bedroom/two bath apartments are approx. $116 per family per night.
- Are fully furnished with living room, dining room and bedroom furniture and include stove, dishwasher and full sized refrigerator.
- Each bedroom has two extra-long twin beds that can be moved together to make a king-size bed.
- You can bring your own linens and towels or you can order a linens package for approximately $50 per person when you register online for NST.
- Do not include kitchen items (dishes, utensils, coffeemaker, microwave, cookware, etc.) or a TV.
- Coin operated laundry facilities are available on-site.
- Lunch, Monday-Friday, is included in the cost of the apartment. Couples living in apartments are required to eat lunch Monday-Friday in the dorm cafeteria to foster community with the other new staff.
- Cafeteria: The meals in the cafeteria are served buffet-style, with a wide variety of foods that will suit most dietary needs.
- Parking: You will need to park your car in the Rollins College Parking Garage which is located across the street from campus, the north side of Fairbanks on Lyman Ave. You are not permitted to park in the parking lot behind Ward Hall. Parking passes will be made available during onsite registration. Parking costs $10/week and will be added to your conference cost.
- Recreation and Pool Facilities: Rollins College hosts numerous camps in the summer, so access to campus recreational facilities is limited.
- The volleyball court located outside of Ward Hall is first-come, first-served.
- The Alfond Swimming Pool is available Monday-Friday, 2-5 p.m. and weekends from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The workout room of the Rollins gym is available Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. You will need to show your R-Card when you enter the Pool or Gym. Updated information will be available in the NST Office.
- The tennis courts are available on the weekends.
- Basketball is available at a local church gym.
- Mail: We recommend you do not forward your mail, but have someone collect your mail and send it to you periodically. Mail can be sent to:
*You can pick up your mail in the NST Conference Office in Ward Hall.
The “NST Summer 2018” Facebook Group is an essential tool for connecting with other New Staff members (e.g. sharing rides to/from the airport, etc.). It will also be the main way the NST conference team shares announcements.
This Facebook Group is a “Secret Group” to maximize privacy, so you must be invited to join. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address associated with your Facebook Account. (Please use your cru.org address for all ministry correspondence; however, in this case, we need to invite you within the Facebook platform.)
If you want to register for New Staff Training or if you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is currently closed.