Ministry Partner Development
A privilege you have as a Cru staff member is to mobilize ministry partners to pray and give for your ministry. A portion of New Staff Training (NST) is devoted to train you biblically and in the skills you need to successfully raise your funding; this is what we call Ministry Partner Development (MPD).
“And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
The MPD Training during NST begins at 8 a.m. on Tuesday and ends at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. See the Basic Schedule for more details.
If you are new staff and engaged to someone who’s already on staff, the following guidelines determine if and when your fiancé(e) needs to attend the MPD training:
- If the wedding date is within one month after the end of NST, the senior staff member must attend MPD training with his/her fiancé(e).
- If the wedding date is within 5-to-11 weeks from the end of NST, the decision about the senior staff member attending the MPD training will be handled on a case-by-case basis in consultation with Dave Dickens (Campus Ministry) or Ellis Goldstein (all other ministries) and the staff couples’ LD/HR leadership.
- If the wedding date is 12 weeks after the end of NST, the senior staff member will not be required to attend MPD training with his/her fiancé(e). Shortly before or after the wedding, the support coach will help them prepare their MPD presentation as a couple.
Missing Portions of MPD
Due to the critical nature of MPD Training, no one will be excused from any portion of MPD training, including the Saturday session.
Your MPD Coach
Within two weeks after your acceptance to staff, you should receive a call from your MPD coach. If your coach has not called you within those two weeks, please contact the following:
- Cru Campus: Dave Dickens (email@example.com)
- All Other Ministries: Ellis Goldstein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pre-NST MPD Assignments
Prior to your arrival and to prepare for the MPD training, you must fully complete the Pre-NST MPD Assignments. Upon acceptance to Cru, you received an email with a link to these assignments available via MyCru. If you have not received an email with the link to your MPD assignments, contact our Sending and Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
One of the Pre-NST MPD Assignments is to raise the funds needed for your NST expenses. The assignment will walk you through how we want you to raise support for the training.
Even if you have received some MPD training, we do not want you to raise monthly support prior to NST; please only focus on raising special gifts for NST. This also applies to interns and STINTers who are joining staff.
After completing the NST MPD, you may begin to raise your monthly support. Remember, this is for your benefit!
NST Costs and Expenses to Reimburse
Below are details about NST costs and expenses you can reimburse for NST:
- NST costs can be found on the Finances page of this website.
- After the end of NST, your costs for housing, provided meals, and conference-related tuitions will be charged directly to your staff account.
- Expenses related to NST that you pay for out-of-pocket are reimbursable as follows:
- Food (during the conference) – A suggested amount to plan on is $100 per week.
- Travel Expenses to and from NST – Can include food, lodging, auto expenses/mileage and/or flights.
- Support Raising Expenses – Can include stationery, postage, supplies, phone calls, etc. related to raising support for NST.
- Childcare – Any childcare-related expenses you incur during the training.
In order to reimburse these expenses for NST, you need receipts for all lodging, flights and any other single expenditure over $75. You also need a written record of your auto mileage to and from the conference, including trip dates, description, to/from addresses, and odometer reading or attached Google or Mapquest map.
You can submit an online reimbursement, including the needed details and receipts, within 90 days of the earliest expense (provided you have raised the funds to cover the reimbursement request). You will learn how to do this during NST.
Following are some important details for processing donation checks properly:
- Be sure that each donation check is made payable to “Cru” or “Campus Crusade for Christ.”
- Your name should not be on the check, but your staff account number can be added on the memo line of each check.
- Mail checks directly to Donation Services (Cru, P.O. Box 628222, Orlando, FL 32862-8222) along with a note that includes your name and staff account number.
- After processing donations, Cru will send a receipt to your ministry partner (for income tax purposes).
- Keep track of your support (names, addresses, phone numbers, amounts) as it is developed and promptly send thank-you notes to ministry partners.
Vacation Policy for NST (for all New Staff and Senior Staff married to New Staff)
New Staff and Senior Staff who are married to New Staff are not eligible for vacation during their initial MPD. The initial MPD starts with the conclusion of NST and ends when the staff member has raised 100 percent of his/her support (monthly and special gifts). This policy applies even to any vacations that parents or others may have planned that include the new staff member.
Registration for MPD Training Only
If you are only attending the MPD Training (and not other parts of NSO), please contact Dave Dickens (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration information.
If you want to register or if you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.