Clothing. Different sessions of NST require different types of clothing:
- Commissioning Ceremony and Banquet: You are encouraged to bring one set of dressy/nice attire for the commissioning and banquet.
- Men: Coat and/or tie are NOT required, but please wear a collared shirt and nice pants.
Women: Please wear nice slacks, skirt, or a dress.
- Business casual: For sessions where we have a speaker from our leadership. Business casual includes: khakis/dress slacks and collared shirts for men, and slacks or modest skirts and dresses for women. Shorts, jeans and printed t-shirts are inappropriate. There will be one night during the US Staff Conference where all new staff are recognized and you will need to wear business casual.
- Classroom casual: Shorts, jeans, and t-shirts are fine during your IBS classes, NSO sessions, and MPD training.
- Swimwear and workout clothes: You will have access to the recreation center at CSU and opportunities to play intramural sports.
- Warm clothing: It is often chilly in Colorado, especially in June and in the mountains. Please bring a jacket and other warm clothing items. You’ll probably also need an umbrella.
Other items to pack:
- Extra luggage or packing space to take home MPD and IBS materials you will receive onsite.
- Bible, pen, paper/notebook
- Money for food, laundry, entertainment
- MPD materials, including address book, church directory, etc.
- Laptop computer. Most of your coursework will be done electronically that will include projects to print out. There will be a computer lab with printing capabilities and with a limited number of computers for use.
- Personal toiletries and shower tote/caddy
- Optional items – small fan, small reading lamp, clothes hamper, bicycle (Fort Collins has great thrift stores and garage sales where these things can be purchased.)
- You may request a microwave/mini-fridge combo for use in your dorm room. It will be $100 for your entire stay. Quantities are limited and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact our Housing Team (email@example.com) for more information.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.